FXPlayerHost is a small application for testing Notch blocks. It is the ground-truth for Notch block integration and performance.
- GUI to test exposed parameters
- Profiler to see how the block performs on the given hardware
- Viewport to see the render and any watermarks that may be occurring.
FXPlayerHost is often used for diagnosing functional, performance & licensing issues on media servers.
FXPlayerHostD3D11_x64.exe is included in the Notch Builder installer under C:\Program Files\Notch
You can also download it separately at: https://cloudreleases.notch.one/Utilities/FXPlayerHost.zip
- Run FXPlayerHostD3D11_x64.exe
- Set the target resolution in the Output Width & Output Height
- Click ‘Load Bock…’ and select the .dfxdll Notch Block you wish to test
- Once the block is loaded, it will instantly start playing.
- You can manipulate the exposed parameters by clicking a value and dragging it left and right.
- Any exposed Video inputs will be provided with a flat colour texture at the same size as the output resolution set.
- You can load multiple blocks simultaneously to observe GPU load. [NB: Blocks will be rendered at the same resolution]
FXPlayerHost will show you the following key performance metrics:
- VRAM (GPU memory) used by your block
- Frame rendering time in milliseconds (ms) at the set resolution
- The effective framerate of the block
Spotting Licensing issues
Watermarks appearing over a blocks output are the result of:
- The Block being exported from Notch Builder Base or Pro
- No Full Playback license being present on a connected dongle
In each case, you will be given a reason in white text in the blocks rendered output.
Certain features of Notch (e.g. NVIDIA Background Removal) require additional SDKs to be installed and DLLs placed alongside FXPlayerHostD3D11_x64.exe. Full details are available on the SDK Dependencies when using Media Servers page.