What is NDI?
NDI is an IP video streaming protocol developed by NewTek.
Notch accepts NDI sources into the nodegraph via the Video NDI Source node.
Receiving an NDI stream
- Create an NDI source on the network. (You can use ‘NewTek NDI Test Patterns’ tool to create a test source).
- In Notch, browse the current NDI sources by going to:
- Devices -> VideoIN/Camera/Kinect…
- Go to the NDI panel and click ‘Refresh Sources’ and you will now see your video sources.
- Add an Video NDI Source node to your scene.
- Select the NDI Source (dropdown) property or set it manually with the NDI Source Name & NDI Source IP properties.
- Connect your Video NDI Source node to it’s destination, e.g. Image 2D.
- Play the scene and you will see the incoming video.
Using NDI in Standalone applications
When using NDI input/output with a standalone application, you may need to copy the following files (dlls’s) to the same directory as your exported .exe file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Notch\Processing.NDI.Lib.x86.dll C:\Program Files (x86)\Notch\Processing.NDI.Lib.x64.dll