The Notch User Interface is broken into several main sections:
- Resource Window, Where all the media files can be imported for use in Notch.
- Properties Window, Where attributes of nodes can be changed or altered for different variations on an effect.
- Viewport, Where the scene is assembled and results are shown.
- Nodegraph Window, Where the nodes are combined to create the effect.
- Timeline, For editing together multiple effects in the same project.
- Curve Editor, For editing animation keys and interpolation.
- Tracker, For tracking animation keys and timings.
Other Windows can be opened through the View menu Item, or the Window Controls Bar.