This node controls how texture coordinates (UVs) are generated for a given material or piece of 3D geometry. This allows UVs to be created procedurally, e.g. via planar, spherical or camera perspective mappings.
The Mapping node acts on a Material node’s Mapping input. It does not need parenting.
To map a texture to an object using the Mapping node:
- Add the 3D Object you wish to map on to
- Add a Material node and link it’s output to the 3D Object’s : Default Material
- Add a Video Source node and link it’s output to the Material’s : Colour Texture input
- Add a Mapping node and link it’s output to the Material’s : Mapping input.
- In the Mapping node:
- Select the Mapping Type you wish to use
- If using a geomterical applied mapping (Perspectice, Spherical, Planar etc.) then:
- Set the transform properties of the mapping
- OR Inherit the transforms from a camera by linking your camera to the Inherit Transforms input.
|Position X||Move its position along the x-axis in local space.|
|Position Y||Move its position along the y-axis in local space.|
|Position Z||Move its position along the z-axis in local space.|
|Rotation Heading||Rotate the object about the x-axis.|
|Rotation Pitch||Rotate the object about the y-axis.|
|Rotation Bank||Rotate the object about the z-axis.|
|Scale X||Scale along the x-axis.|
|Scale Y||Scale along the y-axis.|
|Scale Z||Scale along the z-axis.|
Inherit Transform Channels
Toggle which transform channels should be inherited. By default, all are on.
|Mapping Type|| What kind of mapping is to be applied.
|Source Channel|| The linked 3D Objects source data that the mapping should use in it’s application.
|Dimension||How many dimensions the map affects.|
|Generate Per Pixel||Determines whether UVs are generated per vertex or per pixel.|
|Show Guides||Show a visual guide for the mapping from this node in the viewport.|
|UV Offset X||Move the object UV along the x axis.|
|UV Offset Y||Move the object UV along the y axis.|
|UV Scale X||Scale the object UV along the x axis.|
|UV Scale Y||Scale the object UV along the y axis.|
|Name||Description||Typical Node Input|
|Transform Modifiers||Links all transform properties to the input node.||Null|
|Target Node||Always faces the x-axis towards the inputs anchor point.||Null|
|Local Transform Override||Override the transformation values of the node, relative to its parent.||Null|
The outputs section for this node is currently being worked on.